The Science of Psychology: An Appreciative View, 2nd Edition (King)
Sensation and Perception
- Describe basic principles of sensation and perception.
- Explain how the visual system enables us to see and, by communicating with the brain, to perceive the world.
- Understand how the auditory system registers sound and how it connects with the brain to perceive it.
- Explain how the skin, chemical, kinesthetic, and vestibular senses work.
- Identify the everyday practices associated with protecting vision and hearing.