Economics (McConnell) AP Edition, 19th Edition
Natural Resource and Energy Economics
After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
- Explain why falling birthrates mean that we are not likely to run out of natural resources.
- Describe why using a mix of energy sources is efficient, even if some of them are quite costly.
- Discuss why running out of oil would not mean running out of energy.
- Show how the profit motive can encourage resource conservation.
- Relate how to use property rights to prevent deforestation and species extinction.
AP Chapter 15 Introduction